my life source and sustainer is Jesus Christ

Friday, February 22, 2013

thinking of spring

     Today's pastel is a sketch for my next painting. 




     Liberty Town Arts Workshop where I have studio space has a pottery shop that I am allowed use of.  It's wonderful, I put anything I make on a shelf, come back and it's been fired and is sitting on the bisque shelf.   I glaze it, put it on another shelf, come back and it's been fired again!  Every year I make gnomes out of ginger bread dough at Christmas time.  I make their beards with a garlic press.  This year my husband changed the recipe to a tastier, chewy version.  However it was not so good for my gnomes, they melted.  So I decided it was time to make them out of clay.  They have a copper oxide glaze.  The whole process is magical!  

No comments: