my life source and sustainer is Jesus Christ

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

a poem and two paintings

Here is a little poem for a today:

           The sudden heavy rain-
          “its like a waterfall now”
          she said looking out
          through the plate glass windows
          of the coffee shop.

 I've always been intrigued with the challenge of painting a mountain in a small two dimensional space that does more than just create a realistic illusion.  I don't know how many times I have taken photos of mountains only to be disappointed with the little 4x6 glossy print in my hand.  It always fails to convey their massive presence.  So here are two more attempts.  The first is from our trip to the Isle of Skye in Scotland a year ago, and the second is from Skagit Valley, Washington State where once a year fields of tulips blaze color below snow capped mountains.  

Mountains of the Mind 2 22x28




 
Mountains of the Mind 3 22x28


No comments: