my life source and sustainer is Jesus Christ

Saturday, September 7, 2013

camping in Shenandoah National Park



We just got home from our first tent camping trip in years- an overnight in Big Meadows campground.  While I was doing this sketch in the meadow I was visited by a mama deer and her twin fawns.


My favorite part of camping is sleeping in the tent.  Not that I usually get much sleep, I mostly lie awake and listen to the sounds.  We were camping near the edge of the mountain and all night the wind blew through the oak trees.  Midway through the night I heard coyotes and later when the wind died down the owls.  What I didn't want to hear was bears.  We had already seen three that day in trees, on the ground...  I did eventually drift off because when I woke up it was incredibly bright and clear.




No comments: