my life source and sustainer is Jesus Christ

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

time



Domestic and Wild Metronomes                                        
                                                                            
 After years of digital
I have a moonbeam clock
in the bedroom now
the sound touch 
is kitten soft.  I only hear it
when it's quiet
and I'm awake.
A metronome, external heartbeat,
time is divided into seconds
with chef's knife precision.

This morning outside my window
a cardinal spoke with insistent language
a repetitive message
similar in frequency and volume
to my quietly ticking clock.                                               
As I woke I heard
first one and then the other
their voices overlaid each other
then alternated.
I, dipping in and out of sleep
surfaced finally to look out

at the blue light
of early morning.



It's snowing today, tiny sleet and narrow slivers for snowflakes. 

No comments: