my life source and sustainer is Jesus Christ

Friday, April 24, 2015

my first sketchcrawl


After about a year of following several Urban Sketcher blogs, I finally got out the door and went on an official Urban Sketcher sketchcrawl in Richmond.  It was a perfect spring day.  We met at the Virginia Center for Architecture, were given maps of a route to follow and off we went.  It was immediately overwhelming- there are so many great things to draw in Richmond.  The selection was limited a bit by the need to sit in shade.  I brought a small folding chair which worked well.  


Inspired by some of the sketchers I talked to that seem to draw all the time- they are very fast and fluid, I am trying to draw more.  I carry a tiny sketchbook (2"x3") in my purse and sketch while running errands with my husband.  I did this today while waiting for him at the eye doctor.  I like all the glamour shots of people wearing glasses. 




No comments: