my life source and sustainer is Jesus Christ

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

cape may, nj


Going to the beach in September has a lot of pluses- no traffic on the way there and having the place to ourselves.  The first few days of our week however were not classic beach weather, chilly, windy, rainy.  I went anyway!  With my beach chair and my book and a parka, I definitely had the place to myself:




Almost to myself, the birds were also enjoying the solitude.  Right beside me was a small flock of royal terns.  I did a little sketch when I got back to the house where the wind was not blowing:


We went on a couple guided bird walks at Cape May Point State Park. Cape May is such an amazing place to bird!  The experts there are a huge helping with the bewildering array of sandpipers and warblers.  On a walk by ourselves we spotted a bittern out fishing:





No comments: