my life source and sustainer is Jesus Christ

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

listening to poetry


I listen to Garrison Keillor’s Writer’s Almanac podcast in the dark of my early morning bedroom most days.  He talks of literary people for a while first then he gets quiet in readiness for the poem.  He puts a deep moat of silence around the poem like a frame on a painting.  Then the poem breathes out of him, each word tasted, given its due, no rushing.  It is sounded for depth, struck like a bell that resonates through my day.  
"Seagulls" 71/2"x 10"

Here is today's pastel.  The pastels are beautiful still in their boxes.  Love Terry Ludwig pastels!
warm greens

turquoise


2 comments:

Anna M. Branner said...

Beautifully put Carol!

The pastels remind me of the feeling I would get in grade school when I opened my fresh box of crayons. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! I remember treasuring those 64 boxes of crayons and reading all the names of colors.